Over the Years...
The GMCC's Work
- Monthly networking events (breakfasts, luncheons and evening Meet & Greets) each year.
- Networking breakfasts in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce of Southern N.J.
- Serve as the main information center for those seeking tourist information or relocation services.
- Partnered with Cumberland County College to introduce tuition reduction program for Chamber members, their employees and families. Including free tuition for members over 60 who would like to return to college.
- Attend and help organize and promote numerous Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings.
- Local Chambers worked together to sponsor Pancakes and Politics, a breakfast with local legislators, and a variety of other Tri-Chamber and County events, i.e. Fall Business Expo.
- Organize and sponsor the Annual Christmas Parade.
- Annual Awards Dinner, honoring Millville businesses for their contribution to the community and the prestigious Pride in Millville Award.
- Annual Downtown Car Show every August, an event that attracts more than 8,000 people to The Holly City.
- Provide relocation and tourism information to folks outside of our area, through contact by phone, email and our website www.millville-nj.com.
- Provide reference information to consumers specific to Chamber members to help promote your business through distribution of promotional materials.
- Silver Sponsor of the Millville Babe Ruth Girls Softball World Series.
- Brought NBC10’s Great Shredder event to Cumberland Crossing Mall, allowing area residents to shred their private documents for free.
- Working closely with other organizations in providing activities and promoting the city such as Main Street, Recreation Department and Air Show Committee. Serve as the primary conduit for information about these events to visitors.
- Periodically sponsor special seminars for local businesses. Most recently, a three-part series in cooperation with Cumberland County College on “Competing with Big Business,” and more recently a seminar on Business Retention Strategies. In addition, Barbara Wold’s “Racing to Success” marketing seminar: HR policy, Affordable Health Care, Social Net-working.
- Represent the City of Millville and local business at various events including the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Walk to Washington, Chamber of Commerce of South Jersey Business Expo, and other regional business and tourism forums.
- Work with other local, regional and state chambers to keep abreast of legislative matters that affect the business community. Sponsoring forums as well as private meetings with Freeholders and local legislators.
- Sponsored and organized the Holly City Gala which, through partnerships throughout the community, has raised money to give back to community organizations.